Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Approaching His 250th Win, I Don't Interview Will Brown

Property of Troy Record


Will Brown is approaching his 250th career victory at Albany. In celebration of this milestone, we did not conduct an interview together. Instead I'll make one up...

ME: Coach, 250 wins is a big deal, have you taken some time to yourself to appreciate all you've accomplished in your time here at Albany?

WB: There's a time and place for that, right now I'm just focused on our current group improving day in and day out. The defense still isn't where it needs to be and it's on us to figure this thing out.

ME: So tell me about how good winning number 250 will feel?

WB: What are you a jerk off?

ME: You know I am, you follow me on Twitter.

ME: So switching gears, besides the defense struggling how have injuries impacted the team's season so far?

WB: We've had a couple guys go down in the front court, but I'm not going to sit here and feel sorry for us because you know nobody else is going to. It's a next man up mentality, you're not going to win without toughness.

ME: What did you tell the team to prepare for your game at UMBC after the 0-3 conference start?

WB: I told them to get their heads out of their asses so morons like you would stop telling me how to do my job.

ME: Fair enough, the Steelers suck.

ME: So you really haven't thought about number 250 at all?

WB: You Jersey guys really are jerk off's, talk to me in April.

ME: Thanks coach, talk to you then.

WB *inaudible cursing, hangs up*

Sitting at 249 career wins Will Brown has taken Albany from relative obscurity to 5 NCAA Tournament appearances-- including three straight America East Tournament titles from 2013-2015. To the only coach I've watched lead my Alma mater I want to say thank you, it's been a pleasure watching your teams compete over the past decade plus. I hope you take a moment to appreciate what you've built and what it means to so many people.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts